These tips came from a survey of 400 real estate professionals. These items are listed in order of importance, from most to least.
- Get a home inspection to evaluate the safety and overall condition of the home
- Before you start your house hunting, get pre-approved for a mortgage
- Direct all communications with the seller through your real estate agent
- Get all agreements with the seller in writing
- Include important contingences in your offer, such as, financing and inspections
- Come up with realistic expections for a house based upon your budget
Source: Market Leader.com