Follow these 5 tips so that your home will look its best to prospective buyers:
1) Put away any clutter
2) Put excess furniture in storage
3) Remove evidence of pets
4) Repaint bright walls and remove wallpaper
5) Dress up the landscaping
If you follow these suggestions, then you will hopefully sell your home in less time and for more money.
Selling a home For Sale By Owner (FSBO) is not an easy task, that’s why most FSBO’s end up hiring a REALTOR®. Nationally the success rate of FSBO’s is very low. Over 80% of all FSBO’s end up hiring a REALTOR® to get their home sold in the end.
Why is it so hard to sell without a REALTOR®?
1. Determining the right listing price – Pricing a property correctly is probably the most important step when placing your home up for sale. If your home is not priced right, then you stand a slim chance of selling in a competitive market. A REALTOR® will have access to the sales data, plus their experience to best advise you on a proper listing price.
2. Buyer’s want your commission savings – One of the things most sellers don’t understand when deciding to go the FSBO route, is that many buyers know you are marketing you own home in order to save the commission, and they want a part of that savings. Many of the buyers will take 5% right off the top regardless of whether the home is priced well or not.
3. Availability for showings – It’s hard for many homeowners to be available to show their home at the time buyers want to look. Buyers can come at all hours of the day and night. Most serious buyers are looking at a number of homes within a given time period and are not willing to rearrange their schedule to accommodate an unworkable seller. One advantage of having a REALTOR® is they can take care of all showings, thus freeing you up to keep your life as normal as possible during the selling process.
4. Showing to unqualified buyers – It’s a waste of your time and the buyers if they are unable to obtain the financing needed to complete the purchase. If a REALTOR® is involved, in most cases only pre-qualified buyers will be looking at your home.
5. Negotiations & inspections – This is an area where an inexperienced seller can put their self at great risk. When your dealing directly with the buyer you can be put of the spot with answering questions and making decisions without thinking them over carefully. You might unknowingly commit to something without understanding all of the cost and time considerations. Negotiating buyer inspections on your home can be tricky as well. These are areas were a REALTOR® will look out for your best interest.
While it’s not impossible to sell your home on your own, you can see there are many pitfalls along the way if your not experienced. By hiring a REALTOR® studies have shown that you will usually sell your home for a higher price, and you will have someone on your side to make the process much easier.
Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® is a network of over 500 of the very best real estate firms that are located in over 40 countries. These firms have 4,000 offices with 120,000 sales associates. In 2012 these firms had sales of $272 billion dollars representing over one million transactions, which placed Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® #1 in sales volume in the United States.
Firms affiliated with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® can offer sellers global exposure of their home in addition to strong marketing expertise at the local level. Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® has the resources to market your property to the highest possible number of potential buyers. With 120,000 talented associates around the world, they expose your property to buyers on six continents ensuring more eyes are on your property. In addition they receive inbound clients from other affiliates around the globe who are interested in purchasing a home.
If you are looking for the best real estate firm to sell your home, then you need to consider a firm that’s affiliated with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®.
Ferguson Realtors is a proud member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®. Go to www.KnoxSold.com to find out more about us.
I have worked for Ferguson Realtors for 16 years and they have promoted, supported and help grow my professional career in real estate. Ferguson Realtors is always on the cutting edge of technology with high quality video, photos, websites and creative ideas in advertising to get homes Sold! Their ethics and integrity, that is the Ferguson name, is also unparalleled in the business. Ferguson Realtors has a personable and friendly atmosphere to work in, while being one of the leading Realtors in the industry. Ferguson Realtors is a company that I am proud to say that I hold my license with and plan to continue my career with for years to come.
Are you considering a career in real estate or a firm change, then check us out at www.TopofKnox.com.
Here are several good reasons why now is a good time to place your house on the market:
•The most serious buyers are out now
•There is less competion now
•The process will be quicker
•There will never be a better time to move up
•It’s time to move on with your life
More people are securing careers in real estate as the housing market shows signs of improving. Many REALTOR® Associations are reporting an increase in membership applications. The picture of just how many people are making the move into real estate is still unclear at this point.
The real estate industry lost a number of real estate professionals over the last four to five years, because there were not enough sales to support them. Many have remained in the business, but on a part time basis. They’ve been forced to take another job, just to make ends meet. As the market continues to improve, many of these folks will return to the business full time.
If you are considering a career in real estate or returning to the business, then check us out at www.TopofKnox.com.
Follow these tips to improve your odds of getting a mortgage application approved:
•Do not quit or change jobs.
•Do not make any large purchases.
•Do not have your credit pulled.
•Do not deposit large sums of money.
•Do not open, close or transfer asset accounts.
•Do not increase your credit balances.
•Do not stop making payments on anything.
•Do not start a home improvement project that would require a loan.
•Do not co-sign a loan for anyone.
•Do not fudge on any of the facts on your loan application.
Productivity is about managing your priorities and time. The skills and habits needed to be productive can be learned with dedication and effort.
Here are some tips to start you on a road to being more productive:
Know what’s important – Learn to tell the difference between important tasks and ones that just keep you busy. Spend the most time on the ones that are important.
Plan your day – Take some time at the end of the previous day or at the beginning of the day to plan what you want to get accomplished that day. A handy tool might be creating a to-do list each day, and refer to it often. This will help to keep you on track and focused.
Know your priorities – It’s not about just getting things done, you want to get the right things done. Learn to delegate tasks that others can do for you. This will free you up to work on higher priority items. Also learn to say no. Protect your time, energy and focus.
Solve problems – Take the responsibility for solving problems both at work and home. Once things are resolved it will relieve you of some undue stress and free-up your mind for more productive activities.
Here’s what a recent survey revealed about the differences between younger and older home buyers:
•Typically bought homes built around 1986
•Bought a home within 10 miles of previous residence
•More likely to purchase in urban or central city
•Bought because they desire to own their own home
•Chose neighborhood for convenience to jobs, better affordability and quality schools
•Made more concessions regarding home purchase
•Found the home they purchased through the internet
•Typically Bought homes built around 1996
•Moved longer distances, more than 20 miles
•More likely to move out of state or region
•Bought a home to be closer to family and friends
•Chose neighborhood for health care facilities and to be closer to family and friends
•Generally did not make any concessions on their home purchase
•Learned about the home they purchased through their real estate agent
Making improvements to your home’s landscaping will enhance its marketability and increase the value. Stand in the road and take an objective look at your home so that you can develop a plan for improvements. Below you will find some helpful tips:
Remove any items from your yard that look out of place, such as, bikes, balls, unused lawn furniture, trash cans and the like.
Take a look at your lawn. How does it look? Is it well groomed and green? A great looking yard is the key to increasing your curb appeal. Don’t cut your yard too high. Most yards do best when cut at a height of at least three inches. If your yard is in poor shape it may need to some seeding and fertilizing.
How do your planting look? Do you have the right balance? Are they too large for the space? If so; you may want to remove them and start over. Do you have enough color? If not; set out some flowers that are appropriate for the time of year. If trees are overgrown and hiding the house, then give them a good trimming or have them removed altogether.
Figure out what is the focal point of your yard, and work extra hard to make this area stand out